Led + lasers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I've seen them advertised before and thought no, if SMIDSY can't see you as a 5 foot and above person with normal lights well enough to keep a sensible distance and not run you over, I'm really not sure what good a line of light shone onto the road beside you will do.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along

is that it??? good grief way worse than I imagined.

thanks all! I'll look somewhere else for a good quality light. BTW any suggestion for a good one but not too expensive?
Check out cateye el 530. I have two and would recommend. Check the bargain section in this thread. Sure someone posted they were £30 somewhere a couple of days ago, a lot cheaper than i paid. Also have and cant fault the tl1100 that often comes in a bundle with the front light (sorry cant link as mobile wont let me

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I was looking for a new rear light and I found this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-B...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item2573ba8733

Are these legal in UK? In Italy for example I'm almost sure these will be forbidden (lasers are not welcome).

I have one from a rival company. My Brother gave it to me for Christmas a couple of years ago. The light is fine but the laser is a waste of time. If you use pannier bags it reflects off those and into other road users' faces. If it does shine on the ground its pretty poor as the tarmac is less reflective than a rubberised pannier material. It also doesnt shine far enough out to your right

Davidc

Guru
I've bought 2 Blackburn Mars 4s at 9.99 each recently. The Smart mentioned above is good, as is their Lunar R1.

The rest probably are too but I haven't tried them.

I'm with the one steady one flashing lobby, and then add in a dynamo steady one too. (Always minimum of 2 lights at the back - they can fail there without you noticing).

Davidc

Guru
+1 Had this happen once, never again.
My dad started me on having 2, preferably dynamo + battery, when I first used a bike after dark - that was 1961.

Since then I've had bulbs blow, batteries go flat, wires come off, water get in and kill the light, brackets break and the lights fall off, and a bottle dynamo catch fire.

What's never happened yet is both lights to fail at the same time. I know it could happen, although as I now often run 3 it's less likely, but you won't catch me out in the dark without at least 2.

Top Bottom