led torches as bike lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marc78

I've read in a few places that if you want a decent amount of light on a budget that the best way is to go for a torch and mount.

I'm looking at either the Fenix PD20 or LED Lenser B7.

Does any1 have any recommendations?

Thanks

andrew_s

Legendary Member
PD20 or PD30 are OK, but the CR123 batteries are expensive anywhere other than internet. Rechargeable CR123 are available if you hunt around, but the capacity is well down on the disposables.

I sometimes use a Fenix LD20, which takes a pair of rechargeable AA.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I got one of these and it comes with a rear light. It takes 3 AAA's and arrived in about 10 days IIRC
cool.gif
. I've also seen a slightly lower powered one at 7dayshop.com .

Bobtoo

Über Member
I have a Lenser L6, though I've never mounted it on the bike yet. It uses 2xAA and it's proved to be all the torch I need. I've used it to explore mines, railway tunnels and caves and it can do light painting without stripes too.

I have a couple of the Tesco Cree efforts and they are very good but the Lenser is brighter, and has a focusable beam too.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I got one of these and it comes with a rear light. It takes 3 AAA's and arrived in about 10 days IIRC
cool.gif
. I've also seen a slightly lower powered one at 7dayshop.com .

I bought one of those a couple of years ago, still use it as a back up for my Magicshine. Good and bright, o rings on the threads so pretty water resistant to. Much cheaper than equivalent output bike light and a damn good torch as well. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom