Leeds 2 Liverpool canal towpath ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crisscross

Hi all, these are the pix from our recent ride from Leeds to Liverpool along the canal,
with our children aged nine and six.

We raised £1500 for our local hospice, so very worthwhile.

More info at

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=840541#post840541

and

http://www.justgiving.com/georgiacross

026.jpg

037.jpg

077.jpg

115.jpg

126.jpg

141.jpg

278.jpg

323.jpg

331.jpg

349.jpg

376.jpg

469.jpg

475.jpg

495.jpg

504.jpg

510.jpg

526.jpg

549.jpg

598.jpg

604.jpg

634.jpg

NarcoticBunny

Love the Pics and well done to you and your family. The pic through the trees is a really good action shoot :-)

OP
OP
C

crisscross

Thanks NB, what you don't see in that shot are all the bleedin' nettles! and the fact that the canal is literally 2 feet away from Jack and he was going like the clappers.

Thought he was going for a dip around then!

Great Photos and very well done for raising the money for charity, the kids look like they thoroughly enjoyed themselves as well :tongue:

Muddy kids with scraped Knees ... proper parenting

Simon

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How long did that take..Blimey..how old are the kids.........?

Fab...dabby...dozey............. I won't show my son....he'll be up for it.........

OP
OP
C

crisscross

Jakes Dad said:
Great Photos and very well done for raising the money for charity, the kids look like they thoroughly enjoyed themselves as well ;)

Muddy kids with scraped Knees ... proper parenting

Simon

Hi Simon, many thanks, only hope social services see it that way too ;)

OP
OP
C

crisscross

fossyant said:
How long did that take..Blimey..how old are the kids.........?

Fab...dabby...dozey............. I won't show my son....he'll be up for it.........

We were going to do it in 3 when it was just my 9 year old daughter and me.

The addition of "lazy" Jack, ( going to have to change that nickname!) slowed us down so we took 4 days and a couple of hours on a fifth day as they wanted to go to the swimming pool instead.

Georgia is 9, Jack is 6

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wow...don't show my son...........he's 8..he'd go for the lot in 1 day...... daughter wouldn't though................

Well done..... !!! So ...

Did you sort out overnights etc..... - i.e. local hotels etc..... how did that go ?

OP
OP
C

crisscross

Hi fossyant, that was the main problem.

I totally messed up the hotel situation, booked 2 nights in Leeds which meant we had to drive 1 1/2 hours on the third day before we even started.

I booked a hotel with a pool for the kids to relax in after riding but the pool shut to children at 5pm so we only rode for a few hours each day.

Seriously screwed up!

Would book the Travelodge at Skipton if we were doing it again.

It was probably the least "green" ride in history as we needed two cars, one at either end of the days ride.

big mistake, won't happen again ..............til the next time!

PaulB

Legendary Member
Superb stuff and well done to all. Pass on my congratulations to your kids who'll have memories to treasure and will know what a sense of achievement feels like.

Top Bottom