Leeds Festival day trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BearPear

Veteran
Got a text from my son at 2am (I saw it at 05.30am) to report on his experience - his conclusion & I quote verbatim "Sick! In one word just scik!!!! X"

I guess he's enjoying it very much, no reports since. :biggrin:

Too much beer!!

Glad it's a lot sunnier today. My daughter seems to have settled a bit more today, had a text with a smiley face! Sunshine makes everything better!

quassleberry

Too much beer!!

Glad it's a lot sunnier today. My daughter seems to have settled a bit more today, had a text with a smiley face! Sunshine makes everything better!

Beer?? Only vodka will do for this group. He went with 2 bottles of it & 2 bottles of coke cola.

He rang to say they are setting off at 4am monday morning, very hungry and could he have a bath & a pizza at my house when they get back around 5am (ish).
It's nice to know he remembers who provides the best home comforts and where he'll be welcome at that time of morning.

BearPear

Veteran
My daughter and her mate were picked up last night by me & her dad. She has had a great time but sounds like a 90 year-old chain-smoker after too much singing!

I have read lots of bad stuff re things & tents getting nicked, but she seems to have survived unscathed!! Oh, and she too has sunburn (or possibly wind burn!)

I have read lots of bad stuff re things & tents getting nicked, but she seems to have survived unscathed!! Oh, and she too has sunburn (or possibly wind burn!)

Ah that always happens but its actaully far less prevalent than you think - leeds has improved a lot in last few years - I had a 12 pack of booze taken once but they failed to to find the 'hidden' stash of 24 more at the back!:thumbsup:

If anyone is in Leeds and fancies a bargain, a charity called 'Everythings Possible' collects (useable) camping equipment and sells it on. Open to public tomorrow only at Rework Office Furniture.

http://www.everythingspossible.org/tempep3/final3.htm

Ps This is right by the TransPennineTrail - you could cycle there lol!

quassleberry

Yep my son too had a suntan.
Went straight to bed not even stopping for food or a drink. slept for 6 hours straight had a pizza & coffee then slept for another 5 hours.

Only heard about the trip at 7pm when he appeared a bit more human.

One of their group had his wallet, phone etc taken from under his pillow as he slept, it was all lined up outside the tent minus the £80 cash he had with him. The rest chipped in to help him out.

Apart from that they had a great time but all complaining that their feet hurt & will never be the same again from all the walking! :wacko:

Top Bottom