Leeds to Leeds on a fixed gear!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeee

This might hurt!
Starting this Thursday........
Five days
Five stages
Five hundred miles
Fixed Gear
Thurs Grand Depart stage 1
Leeds to Harrogate 118 miles
Fri Grand Depart stage 2
York to Sheffield 125 miles
Sat Tour de Yorkshire stage 1
Bridlington to Scarborough 108 miles
Sun Tour de Yorkshire stage 2
Selby to York 108 miles
Mon Tour de Yorkshire stage 3
Wakefield to Leeds 103 miles
Err not sure why?

Go Mikee! Contact @vernon for pie 'n rib suppliers. Hope you reproofed your waterproofs too.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
This might hurt!
Starting this Thursday........
Five days
Five stages
Five hundred miles
Fixed Gear
Thurs Grand Depart stage 1
Leeds to Harrogate 118 miles
Fri Grand Depart stage 2
York to Sheffield 125 miles
Sat Tour de Yorkshire stage 1
Bridlington to Scarborough 108 miles
Sun Tour de Yorkshire stage 2
Selby to York 108 miles
Mon Tour de Yorkshire stage 3
Wakefield to Leeds 103 miles
Err not sure why?

Thee daft bugger! That's a waste of pie eating opportunities.

Here's a revised itinerary
Leeds to Harrogate - 12 miles wi' pie shops in Leeds Wike and Harrogate
York to Sheffield - 55 miles wi' pie shops in York, Riccall, Selby, Eggborough (Gala pies recommended), Askern, Bentley and Sheffield
Bridlington to Scarborough - 17 miles wi pie shops in Bridlington, Filey and Scarborough
Selby to York - 15 miles wi' pie shops in Selby, Riccall and York
Wakefield to Leeds - 10 miles wi' pie shops in Wakefield, Rothwell and Leeds

That's 109 miles and more pies than you can shake a stick at.

Goodbye miles, hello pies with the added bonus of Cattle Ranch, Leeds doing unlimited ribs on a Monday night for £21. A fitting end to an expiedition.

Fubar

Guru
Are you there yet? Only asking because you have promised to do 2 CC rides and have not turned up or even replied. Does anyone know this guy?

He has bailed on the CC Ecosse tour as well, leaving me out of pocket - I wouldn't mind so much if he gave me a reasonable explanation...

Fubar

Guru
He was the only person on my Llandudno ride that just failed to turn up and never offered any explanation

I know he said he had some personal stuff going on but never expanded, so I could understand if something unforeseen has happened but all along he was saying he was fine with the arrangements but wouldn't pay the deposit - he PM'd me last week to say he has "too much going on", but no offer to cover my costs. More than a bit peed off as it's all done on trust, but what can you do?

I am a born sceptic, and this guy is only reinforcing my instincts. Someone must know him here on CC and maybe provide an explanation as to what is going on. I did a bit of chin scratching when I saw the OP about 500 miles in 5 days on fixed, possible but unlikely.

Top Bottom