left leg does more work??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

why does it feel like my left leg doesmore work than my right leg, when i'm cycling i can feel themuscles working more in my left leg, and when i'm home i can feel themuscles more in my left leg....i'm right handed and right footed by the way

lukesdad

Have you looked at your position in the saddle ? Could be more weight going onto that leg.

lukesdad

Thats the side favoring the gutter could be nothing but, as I said before more weight could be on that side. Where are you riding around Swansea?

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

i go from ravenhill through to clydach at 7am and back at 4pm, am gonna try and see if i can jiggle abit in the saddle to get me feeling right

col1888

I have just started to experience something similar. Just bought some new cycling shoes, on the last two rides i have felt my left calf muscles tighten, on the last one , after only about 6 miles. Never had this before ! Just looked at my spd sl cleats on my two pairs of shoes, on my new ones, the left one is secured at the top of the grooves, whilst the other three are secured at the bottom. Adjusted it, so hopefully its this, will find out tomorrow !

iLB

Hello there
montage said:
try some 1 legged pedalling drills as well

no don't, they are pointless...

zacklaws

Guru
Last year, I began noticing that my right leg seemed to do the majority of the work, so made a mental effort to make my left work harder. Now I do not notice any difference between the two.

lukesdad

zacklaws said:
Last year, I began noticing that my right leg seemed to do the majority of the work, so made a mental effort to make my left work harder. Now I do not notice any difference between the two.

If you are right handed this is quite normal. Seems the OP though is right handed with the left leg doing the work.

jimboalee

photography27 said:
i have noticed lately that more dirt is on my left side of the tyre? any clues to correct this

A bucket of water and a scrubbing brush.

And next time, ride on the right hand side of the road.

jimboalee

zacklaws said:

I started riding a tricycle before I could kick a football.

When I got round to trying the football kicking lark, I found I could kick just as hard with both feet, so the teacher put me on the left wing.

Trivia,
A long time ago, Hercules Cycles presented the football club across the street with bicycles to go fitness training on.
Aston Villa ( spit, spit ) won a string of FA cup finals.

Villa's mascot, BTW, is Hercules the Lion, named after the Bike company.

Top Bottom