Leftover beef joint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I`v got quite a bit left over from last night so its going to be Beef and chicken fajitas today and your beef curry recipe tomorrow :hungry:

Ganymede

Veteran
A curry or stew would work well - you have to simmer it for a reasonable time as beef tends to harden up when re-heated before tenderising down again.

Have to say, I too would eat as many sarnies as possible off it too. With Watercress and horseradish, good white bread buttered very thinly. Hoo yar.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Take as much as you can as sandwich size slices, interleave with baking parchment or cling film and freeze. As soon as frozen bag up, otherwise it'll go dry. Make lunch sandwiched night before from frozen slices and leave in fridge overnight. Beef will be nicely defrosted by morning.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Spag bol or curry is surely a waste of a prime joint. ( IMHO )

It's like buying 5000 Suffolk Reds then breaking them up for hard core.

Paul G

Spag bol is never a waste of anything, and silverside should consider itself lucky to make the grade.

Why has no-one mentioned Cottage Pie?

subaqua

What’s the point
Spag bol is never a waste of anything, and silverside should consider itself lucky to make the grade.

Why has no-one mentioned Cottage Pie?
because it isn't really a pie , its just beef with mash on top ;)

our mahoosive beef has done 8 plates of roast dinners , and there is enough gone into the freezer for another 16-20 plates of food , that works out at just over a quid a plate of food. the cooking juices made the best beef gravy I have tasted for a looooong time.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
because it isn't really a pie , its just beef with mash on top ;)

our mahoosive beef has done 8 plates of roast dinners , and there is enough gone into the freezer for another 16-20 plates of food , that works out at just over a quid a plate of food. the cooking juices made the best beef gravy I have tasted for a looooong time.

In general I would endorse your strictness in the matter of pie definitions, but there is a special exemption for Cottage Pie, Shepherd's Pie and Fish Pie. That's just how it is.

Top Bottom