Lefty Fork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Guess who's building an odd MTB? You will have to state whether you're looking for a 26" or 29" one, not that I have.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
Guess who's building an odd MTB? You will have to state whether you're looking for a 26" or 29" one, not that I have.

Thanks, forgot, 26 wanted, I have read that you can a turn 26 lefty to a 29 by adding shims, not sure if it works the other way round. I have a Cannondale frame with I,5 headset so no adapters needed.

Thanks, forgot, 26 wanted, I have read that you can a turn 26 lefty to a 29 by adding shims, not sure if it works the other way round. I have a Cannondale frame with I,5 headset so no adapters needed.
I used to work on those things but I've never given it any thought to turn a 29" into a 26" one. The fashion completely went the other way - bigger.

But I can't think why it can't be done. If you have the option and the budget, get the Lefty fork with the Rock Shox remote lockout. It is superb. I never liked the push button lockout mechanism, it gave too much trouble. Are you converting a headshock bike to lefty?

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
Yes I have a headshock, always fancied a lefty so I thought it would fit the frame, what I didn't anticipate was all the different models.I don't want to spend too much, but they seem to fetch a good price second hand so may be out of luck, don't mind repairing one, I have had the headshock to bits several times.

Top Bottom