Legal mp3/mp4 downloads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
longers said:
Nice advert goo. I've just subscribed to my first podcast ;).

Can I access the previous ones or do I just get the upcoming ones as and when? I'm pretty useless at technology so please explain gently.

Due to limitations with Feedburner, the RSS feed only contains so many of the recent shows, but you can download older ones from the links on each show's notes on the website as all the mp3 files are still on the hosting server.

Thanks for trying the show ! This week there's a golden oldie as I ran out of time to record the podcast (only the third no-podcast week in almost two years)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
So I assume I need have some podcast software on my PC to receive the new stuff and then I sync it with the archos. Is that right?

If you want to 'subscribe' to a podcast via RSS and have each new show 'delivered' to you rather than have to actively go looking for it each week, yes - you'd need to get hold of one of the many free 'podcatchers' out there. There's a link on 'how to subscribe' on the Three From Leith website that'll tell you more.

If you just want to pick and choose rather than subscribe, you can just download the mp3 files directly from the website and put them on your player.

ajevans

I use Emusic. You have to pay a subscription fee each month, but it works out far cheaper than the likes of iTunes. You can use a free trial.

Probably not worth it though if in your into major label trite as it's only really stuff from independent labels.

Would never buy from iTunes as a) It's as expensive as buying a CD from somewhere like cdwow or play, ;) The tracks are DRM'd, and c) The files are AACs which only play on certain players, mainly iPods. You can convert to mp3, but will lose quality

Top Bottom