Leggings/Tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well 2 out of the 3 reviews say dubious quality

Cranks

Altura do good tights, also, have you thought about legwarmers as a 'spring' alternative? Some are very thermal, Santini I can shout for.

D

Deleted member 1258

Fiona N

Veteran
Have you considered 3/4 tights? I use these for probably most of the year compared to just a couple of the coldest months in longs and a couple of months in shorts (I don't like cold knees :thumbsup:). Most are somewhat thicker over the knees for cold protection but I rarely find them too warm what with the bare calf below. There are loads of different styles/lengths/thicknesses/prices - if you Google 3/4 tights or capris (probably brings up mainly women's versions)

P.S. I don't know whether you're a lady cyclist (I would hate to assume based on 'Fluffy' ;)) but you may like to know that my non-cycling friends have decreed that 3/4 tights are by far the most flattering cyclewear known to women - so there you go :biggrin:

I have deeply offensive legs which have not seen the sun for very nearly twenty year so always cycle in either my skinny jeans for my commute or Ron Hill bikesters but I think need something a bit cooler, not sure what route to go down, or whether I should just man up and subject the world to me legs.

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
Fiona N said:
Have you considered 3/4 tights? I use these for probably most of the year compared to just a couple of the coldest months in longs and a couple of months in shorts (I don't like cold knees :thumbsup:). Most are somewhat thicker over the knees for cold protection but I rarely find them too warm what with the bare calf below. There are loads of different styles/lengths/thicknesses/prices - if you Google 3/4 tights or capris (probably brings up mainly women's versions)

P.S. I don't know whether you're a lady cyclist (I would hate to assume based on 'Fluffy' ;)) but you may like to know that my non-cycling friends have decreed that 3/4 tights are by far the most flattering cyclewear known to women - so there you go :biggrin:

hehe I am a male cyclist, Fluffy is the name of my late cat who was so cute and funny. I am considering the option of leg warmers for the cold mornings and winter months.

As for what women cyclists look best in, I have to say tight lycra shorts, but then I am a perv lol

potsy

Rambler
Bikesters here too,3/4 length shorts soon,not ready for the full on lycra look just yet:smile: come the warmer weather it'll be baggy cycling shorts over padded undershorts.

Top Bottom