Legnano

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Whilst I was collecting the Shorter he also mentioned that he had another of his father's bikes to sell......

IMG_20170527_103536420.jpg

This is a Legnano with Falck tubing and a fair bit of campag .

IMG_20170527_103541176.jpg

Not sure re age it's got some patina and a mixture of bits is arabesque mechanisms operated by one campag and one suntour powershifter but nothing that cat be sorted.

IMG_20170527_103615132.jpg
IMG_20170527_103545107.jpg

Not on sprint's and tubs like the Shorter , wheels might go to the Shorter but who knows .

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Another nice one. Portacatena droputs put it at the end of the 70's - beginning of the 80's :smile:

Shaun

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Quite a difference in sizes by the look of it? Did the guy put on a late growth spurt?

I like the gear ratios! Other cyclists used to rip the wotsits out of me for having a 25 sprocket. In Devon!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Quite a difference in sizes by the look of it? Did the guy put on a late growth spurt?

I like the gear ratios! Other cyclists used to rip the wotsits out of me for having a 25 sprocket. In Devon!

This was a last ditch effort of trying to re kindle his cycling by going up a frame size !!

They look a bit more practical for everyday use with a 24

woodbutcher

Veteran
First ride today on the new tyres and self trued wheels and what a difference.

View attachment 355106
I really like the look of the bike....trouble is l haven't met an Italian bike that l didn't like, temptation round every corner :rolleyes:

woodbutcher

Veteran
lol thats just the outside bike rack in the second picture
Stylish !! now l really am going back in time (and showing my age) to something not quite as up market....the Billy Connolly "wife" joke . l would be surprised if you don't know it but if not look on Parkinson show on youtube ref Billy C wife joke. :whistle:

Top Bottom