Lego brilliance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's remarkably clever.:ohmy:

Shaun

Founder
Alien8 said:
...and on a similar Lego theme (courtesy of my employer)

Legobot does cube in 24 secs. - wow, wish I had one of those when I was a kid in the 80's.

I had to solve mine by hand ... :angry: (lol ... and I can still remember all the moves to solve one even now!!)

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Wow that stuff is impresive...

4F - was that a course they designed or did they have to solve a maze thing set by someone else?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
summerdays said:
Wow that stuff is impresive...

4F - was that a course they designed or did they have to solve a maze thing set by someone else?

You buy the course, the obstacles and the programmable unit from the FLL so everyone in the world has exactly the same course.

You have 2 mins 30 seconds and it is up to you where you go on the board and what you knock down / collect but basically whatever you do you have to be in one of the home zones before the time finished. All the programming was done by the kids (years 5 and 6) and the competition is open to kids up to 16 !

There were so many different types some with telescopic arms, some with tank tracks but they were the only team to drop a bridge to get into the high scoring end zone.

The final was in the Georgia dome, Atlanta and it was an excellent experience for them and we just hit our target of 15 grand of fundraising 1 week before we went. :thumbsup:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Brains said:
Some people have waaaaay to much time on their hands

A friend of mine had so much time on his hands that he wrote software that would get dot matrix printers to play tunes as they printed some sort of gibberish.

Not seen a dot matrix printer for several years now.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Wish there was a club like that at my son's school. He loves lego and electronics. In fact this week in science they have been doing electronics and its the first time he's been really keen to go to school. He also took in his electronics kit to show them.

Top Bottom