LEJOG distance covered?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Possibly interpreting LEJOG as "le Jog". Not everyone recognises the abbreviation.

Alternatively, using the example of French B&Bs to give an example of what British B&Bs might be like...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Alternatively, using the example of French B&Bs to give an example of what British B&Bs might be like...

Now that's stretching credibility
thumbsup.png

French B&B is far superior.

Allegedly.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...

And now here's some real-world experience of Scottish B&Bs!

1 - Pub on Arran. Breakfast at 9am.
2 - Hotel in Tarbert (Kintyre). Breakfast between 7:30 and 9:30
3 - B&B in Rothesay. Breakfast between 8:00 and 9:00

All very good breakfasts, but not exactly early. That bit of Scotland does seem to keep late hours - even in August there was still daylight at 10pm, which makes it easier.

kyussmondo

My original idea on LEJOG was to get on early starts. Although on my first day in Penzance I had a full breakfast and had quite a lesuirely ride and made it to Tintagel with just past 5pm. I decided from then on that I wouldn't rush out in the mornings and have a full breakfast. The only days I didn't have breakfast was in Bridges because they didn't offer breakfast and in Lochranza because I had to catch an 8am ferry.

Get out a little later and have a proper breakfast unless you need to be covering 200 miles a day.

Top Bottom