LEJOG in August.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
Solo, camping and unsupported. Getting the train down on Saturday 8th and leaving on the 9th. Know of a decent campsite nearby?

Aiming for 100 mile days and taking a pretty direct route. But I'm not fixed to too tight a schedule so if I can't hack the distances or get fed up with busy roads then I'll adjust my plan.

I'll put a kit list up/bike pics nearer the time when I've got it all sorted. I'm on my Surly Long Haul Trucker which should be well up to the job (hoping my handbuilt wheels are too)!:rolleyes:

It's my first tour, though I'm thinking of it more of an endurance challenge than a holiday:tongue:
I'm planning on a mixture of campsites and wild camping with a stopover in my student house in Wrexham if it comes towards the end of a days riding. Any recommendations in that regard very welcome!

Anyone else on the road at this time?

You can camp out the back of the Lands End youth hostel. It's actually 4 miles from Lands End...

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
Well I'm off tomorrow to start on Sunday:biggrin:
Looking forward to it!
Could all go horribly wrong as I've not ridden the bike for any decent length of time yet, most of my equipment is untested and I have a specific train to catch home from JOG which leaves me with quite a tight schedule:laugh:

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
I've got 11 days

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
Well I did it in 9 days:biggrin:
920 miles total. All 100+ except one which was 70 (to take advantage of a free bed and bath). Had all sorts of weather! Bike, kit and body issues galore.
Good times and I'm already daydreaming about my next challenge:tongue:

wyno70

Joe, which way round did you do it and when did you set off??
I think we might have met on the train to Thurso??

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
I did Lands End to JOG, and got the train back from Thurso on Thursday 20th...so I think it was not me you met!

wyno70

Nope, mine was a JOGLE so definately not you. The Jo I met was planning on a fully loaded 7 day trip with up to 150 miles each day!!!!!!!

He looked woefully unprepared and I doubt he made it past day 2/3.

Top Bottom