LEJOG in May June anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lohezm

Hiya Sean,

I'm toying with the idea of doing a lejog in May/June, but currently have no pals who are up for it as they're a bunch of slackers! I figured it'd be much more fun, and also a bit safer with a few people. I'm looking for 2/3 people ideally, that way we can save some £££ on sharing rooms etc.

I'm MTB usually but am adding epics onto my todo list along with the purchase of a new road bike - I though the LEJOG would be a good place to start!

It's also not going to be a 'race' - I want to do it over 10-12 days to take the time to see some stuff, relax and enjoy it - if I wanted to just blast out 1000 miles, I'd do laps of a carpark. Leaving a few more days also means that, being unsupported we can soak up mishaps and make up time by doing a longer day if needs be.

Accom will be BnB/Hostel, as I don't want to stink for 2 weeks either - costing wise this means that we should be able to get it done for around £500 (including coach to Penzance and FLIGHT from Scotland) -I just can't afford a supported ride. I'm in Poole BTW.

As for me I'm fairly fit (Merida series 100's, Half marathon, Martial arts etc) 30 year old, and good for some laughs and exploring - it'd be great to do it with a couple of likeminded riders.

If anyone is thinking about this then feel free to drop me an email.

Thanks,

Marc

Top Bottom