LEJOG -MAY 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julie Dakin

My riding plans for May fell through and I'm exploring options - been wanting to ride LEJOG for quite a while - either road or off road - is anyone aware of a ride i can tag onto (ideally last 2 weeks in may time) or suggestions if i do it on my own but have limited time to prepare??

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Assuming that you are fit and have camping gear:

Buy a cheap road atlas - the Phillips' one is good as it shows the approximate location of camp sites.
Draw a route on it after reading through other peoples routes.
Use www.mapmyride.com to refine the route and get an idea of the gradient profile.
Make sure that you can get to or back from JOG by train on the appointed day split your train journey at Inverness. The tickets will be a lot cheaper.
Load the bike two days before the appointed departure date.
Have a pootle around with the fully loaded bike to get the feel for it.
Set of for the extremity of choice having divided the route into roughly equal sections.
Do the ride.

My riding plans for May fell through and I'm exploring options - been wanting to ride LEJOG for quite a while - either road or off road - is anyone aware of a ride i can tag onto (ideally last 2 weeks in may time) or suggestions if i do it on my own but have limited time to prepare??
Hi Julie I've just joined. Am looking for same but this time next year! If you have no luck - wait - and join me??

Top Bottom