LEJoG or JogLE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So which way's best? I believe the LEJoG route is better for prevailing winds? Or is this not the case?

Also not sure if I should take the Bianchi compact or my old 631 framed Donahue with a triple chainset, not too sure about come of those hills on the bianchi, any thoughts?

PpPete

Legendary Member
We went JoGLE because we live in Hampshire & journey to JoG was going to be 2 days, which would have been PITA at the end...on the way there was that sense of anticipation.

And steel every time.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
LEJoG* because you have the wind behind you and because the end of the ride is sublime. You spend the last 250 miles thinking 'surely this can't get any more beautiful?' and it does just get more and more beautiful. Anybody who doesn't shed a tear of joy when they're wheeling along the A99 should stop cycling. The view across the Pentland Firth is beyond my powers to describe.

*If I were to do it again I'd go east of the Pennines. Thirty or forty extra miles, but worth it for the scenery.

And carbon. Why ride when you can float?

e-rider

crappy member
The riding in the region of JOG is amazing and a fitting end to the journey. LE isn't quite as nice (by a very long way) and the cycling in Cornwall was the worst day of the trip for me - roads and countryside very 'normal' actually far below normal.

The wind is also an issue and we had 10 out of the 11 days with a tailwind doing LEJOG. The one day with a head wind was a right slog!

As for hills, you'll be fine on the roadie if you have no panniers and you don't suffer from stiff neck/back/shoulders on it.

Top Bottom