LEJOG startiing tomorrow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Ready to go - just need to pack the Sudocrem!

Good luck mate

OP
OP
just jim

just jim

The ride is going well, apart from a wrong turn or two amongst Cornwall's hedgerows, and a helping hand from a chap called Linden after some confusion at Lostock Junction. He reckons he's helped about 150 poor souls here, and he's now made it 151, so thank you Linden!

I'm having a rest day here in Edinburgh before continuing tomorrow. Cornwall's hills are not to be underestimated, but I guess my legs are stronger for it.

The only unfortunate incident so far is having my iphone nicked while I went for a shower at 6.00am for 30-45 mins on a campsite. I had an idea about who might have done it, but there it is. I'd been so careful with it up till then!

My biggest mileage so far was yesterday from Carlisle to Edinburgh via Innerleithen (I've always wanted to do that route).I really wanted to get home.

My top speed is now at 39mph. Not quite sure where that took place, but again I think I have Cornwall to thank for that. Monster climb out of Tiverton - respect!

I've met lots of helpful and supportive people - it's ok to get a little bit lost, or just check your location, just so you can have a quick chat with someone...

OP
OP
just jim

just jim

Final leg from the Black Isle today where I am with family, and incidentally is soon to be my new home. Destination: Bettyhill via the Crask.

Pity about the Cromarty ferry being off till Mid August now. New ferry soon to undergo sea trials.

OP
OP
just jim

just jim

So, finished yesterday at 6.30pm at a quiet John O'Groats, livened up by my family there to greet me which was brilliant. A good days ride it was too from Lairg to Bettyhill then across the top. It was great to see that finish line despite it being adjacent to the now closed up and forlorn looking hotel.

The journey took 16 days in total with a day and a half of stops with family, and half a day lost when my phone got taken. Word of advice right there folks - keep your valuables with you!

Top Bottom