LEJOG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robbiep

Über Member
Complete change of plan JOGLE is binned and it's now LEJOG, going Sept 1st

LE to Okehahmpton 1st day but would people recommend - A30, A39, A390? I guess the A30 is not really what we're after so is there anything that should make us choose either A39 or A390?

Guess they'll both be hilly but is one a nicer ride than the other? Distances look the same........

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Can't recommend which road is the best, but I was down that way a few years ago & came across Peter's Porkers, some of the best free range bacon & sausage i've tasted:thumbsup: Martin's Park Farm @ Okehampton

Barbelier

Complete change of plan JOGLE is binned and it's now LEJOG, going Sept 1st

LE to Okehahmpton 1st day but would people recommend - A30, A39, A390? I guess the A30 is not really what we're after so is there anything that should make us choose either A39 or A390?

Guess they'll both be hilly but is one a nicer ride than the other? Distances look the same........

Robbie

Why the change of direction?

I did the opposite and changed from LEJOG to JOGLE because I wanted to get the pain of getting to JOG out of the way at the start and have an easier journey home at the end.

We''ll pass each other somewhere in Sotland. :tongue:

OP
OP
R

robbiep

Über Member
Hi Barbelier - yeah really a last minute change, if I'm 100% honest its down to a wobble I had about the 9 day ride. This is as long as we have as our plans are pretty rigid, if I was up against some heavy winds then..........

I hope that I get some 'free miles!' along the way with the favourable winds. I've done some good loaded100's recently and the confidence is creeping up but I dont underestimate the challenge ahead.

We leave on the 1st for 9 days, I'll send you the route when finalised, maybe we'll pass somewhere! Shall I pop a red carnation into my top :smile:

OP
OP
R

robbiep

Über Member
Thanks benb - you can keep that all for yourself ta! :smile:

Lee, its not so much we're worried about the A30 it was that as we're fresh it may be nice to take an alternative route. As I/we get farther up and are extremely fatigued we may go for the more direct approach. If at the start we can stay off the A30 then I think we will. Which is MORE hilly A39 or A390? Are they much of a muchness?

Top Bottom