Lemond (Gan) GL Custom Steel Frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beancounter

Bear with me, I'm not entirely sure why I'm posting this, other than sheer delight and excitement.

This frame has just been delivered to my office. It's a mid-90's Lemond Gan colours frame in Columbus GL Custom tubing. It is immaculate to an extent that you couldn't/shouldn't really hope that a second hand frame is going to turn out to be. It's actually a bit emotional...

I may take some better pictures when I can, but in the meantime allow me to share these with you...

Thanks.

bc

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ooooooooo that is nice ! Keep it period though !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Need some Campag Record (or Chorus) - the pre carbon stuff I'd say....

Cinelli bars and stem, maybe an XA stem as they are lovely.....

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

fossyant said:
Need some Campag Record (or Chorus) - the pre carbon stuff I'd say....

Cinelli bars and stem, maybe an XA stem as they are lovely.....

Ok.....I am putting Campag on it (like I put on the Lemond Victoire) and it's going to be alloy, not carbon. I've already sourced a number of Veloce parts which seem very nice for not too much cash (the Victoire got Chorus/Record and I can't justify that again!)

It'll have to have an XA stem as it's already fitted with a period Campag Athena headset, so Cinelli bars will naturally follow...

I'm hoping to put a nice set of hand built wheels on it although for the time being it may share the Victoire's Easton EA50's.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

bc

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

dan_bo said:
oooooh lovely

cheers!

There's a steady accumulation of parts building up in my office awaiting assembly. Against my initial intentions I've ordered a splendid pair of handbuilt wheels for it - 32h Record hubs and Open Pro rims. Can't wait!

bc

Top Bottom