Lepra: Edinburgh to St Andrew's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not this year but the cake stops are good ;-)

OP
OP
currystomper
Unless it is really wet, I'm thinking of riding my recumbent, the hills may fun. But as I've done it on a road bike and a folder, I though the recumbent had to be tried!

Say hi if you see me

CS

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Missing it this year (again), due to other EdFoC events on the same day- have signed up for the Edinburgh Belles on Bikes ride and the women's cycling forum that day. too many cycling things going on :rolleyes:.

Freuchie cake stop definitely worth riding through any wee showers for, if you are worried about what the weather might throw at you :hungry::mrpig:

T

Rasmus

Without a clever title
2 years ago I did this in weather worse than what we had on Arran yesterday. Still had ice cream on Cleish hill^_^

I've got a train home from Dundee at 4, so will be doing the ride at a decent pace this year. :bicycle: (still time for cake :hungry:, though)

2 years ago I did this in weather worse than what we had on Arran yesterday. Still had ice cream on Cleish hill^_^

I've got a train home from Dundee at 4, so will be doing the ride at a decent pace this year. :bicycle: (still time for cake :hungry:, though)

R U taking a chance on there being space for the bike on the train or have you pre=booked.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
R U taking a chance on there being space for the bike on the train or have you pre=booked.

I've got a reservation. No reason not to, due to getting a cheaper advance ticket anyway. Trains on the Aberdeen line are usually pretty quiet for bikes, though.

OP
OP
currystomper
The ice cream van at the top of the first big hill is nice, but there can be a long queue if the weather If the weather is good. I'm taking a raspberry ripple gel with me just in case I haven't got time to wait!

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
if the weather is good i'll be doing this on Saturday and if ther wind is on my side i will be cycling back home to Alloa from St Andrews..The weather is looking ok so far

My rear tyre exploded on this ride just after the Cleish hill..Hope i don't get that again.

OP
OP
currystomper
Just been out to see the recumbent - it had a flat back tyre, I'm glad that I didn't go out tomorrow (friday the 13th!!) as I would have to rethink taking that bike!!

Top Bottom