Lepra: Edinburgh to St Andrew's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Race for cake completed. Midge assault on Cleish hill but still had my cone.

2 small pieces of cake, a muffin and a banana: £1.50

OP
OP
currystomper
Finished on my recumbent just before 3:00 pm, My longest ride of the year @ 80 miles - including my ride to the start.

Generally damp but little rain after the start, +1 for the Cleish Midges, I stopped and got eaten alive. The rashberry ripple gell was a good alt to the ice cream at Cliesh

Good to see some folders and Tandems - no other recumbent's though....

and didn't see the lady with the wicker basket this year!!

Congrats to all who finished and sponsored riders!!

CS

OP
OP
currystomper
This page has a good discription/map of the route http://www.cycling-edinburgh.org.uk/lepra-ride.htm.

I completed it last year on the Cruzbike and only walked up the really steep hill just after the tea stop at Freuchie and one piont where there was a hill stop on a really steep. It is quite a hilly route for a recumbent - but if you are up of a challenge then definately doable. Some of the down hills are very friendly for a recumbent and the aero advantage of the recumbent can give the diamond riders some supprises!!

...planning to do it on my recumbent again this year.

apb

Veteran
i might do it on my fixie this year. i did it on a SS a few years ago and only had to walk up Freuchie hill. Going to see what the weather is doing next Saturday before i completely commit :tongue:

But the family are in England with the in-laws so i'll need to do something, as i tend to go a little crazy when i'm with out them.

Top Bottom