Leprosy: Ancient disease able to regenerate organs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Animal experiments have uncovered the bacteria's remarkable ability to almost double the size of livers by stimulating healthy growth.

Does it work on other areas of the body? Asking for a friend :whistle:

D

Deleted member 26715

Bit heartless, but do we really want to be saving more people, the world has too many of them creatures as it is, although I'm sure if I had a relative whose could be cured by a miracle discovery I'd be all for it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bit heartless, but do we really want to be saving more people, the world has too many of them creatures as it is, although I'm sure if I had a relative whose could be cured by a miracle discovery I'd be all for it.
There ARE too many people on the planet, but a nicer way to control the population would be to persuade people to have fewer children!

People tend to have smaller families when they don't have to have lots of children to ensure that at least some survive to adulthood. Given the choice of having 10 children and 8 dying in youth, or having 2 and both surviving, almost everyone would opt for 2.

So, leprosy-regenerated livers...? Yes please!

mustang1

Guru

Weirdly, my SO goes round telling people "those doctors don't know anything, you shouldn't take their medicines" until she or her family needs the meds then she's all over the meds!

But too many people? It's only 8bn and they're all in cities.

markemark

Über Member
The overall planet birth rate is the lowest it's been for decades and still dropping. The increase in population is due to people living longer. Unless people keep living longer and longer (my guess is that it'll max out soon) then at some point the population will plateau and potentially even shrink unless the birth rate starts to increase again.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The overall planet birth rate is the lowest it's been for decades and still dropping. The increase in population is due to people living longer. Unless people keep living longer and longer (my guess is that it'll max out soon) then at some point the population will plateau and potentially even shrink unless the birth rate starts to increase again.

You sure about that, life expectancy has been dropping in recent years

You sure about that, life expectancy has been dropping in recent years
1668623567334.png

Top Bottom