L'Eroica

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

animal7

Just wondering whether many people here, have or intend to, take part in one of the L'Eroica events whether in the UK or abroad?

Well, I did all 3 versions of Eroica Britannia (Bakewell, Friden Grange and the Goodwood test event) before it fell apart… shame. My little Hetchins and I, along with @BalkanExpress and a suitable bike from his stable head down to Gaiole every October for the original l'Eroica and it is rather wonderful.:okay:

goldcoastjon

I cannot speak to any Eroica rides in other countries but I have ridden Eroica California (EC) here in
my home state in the past.
Although the initial EC rides were well done, they have received less and less support from the Italian organizers
recently so I am not sure whether I will participate again.

I DO love the swap and the socializing with fellow classic steel bike riders and fans but the lack of support - apparently due to a lack of engagement from the Italians and a lack of understanding on their part about how we organize events here in the US - of late has been a real downer. (I cannot speak to any other Eroica rides in other countries.)

OP
OP
A

animal7

I've done Gaiole in 2017 & 2018 then had to pull out of 2019 with an injury then it got canned in 2020/21 when I was also signed up due to Covid. Last one on my completely restored 1961 Holdsworth Mistral 5 speed. Great events....

Top Bottom