Lessons never forgotten??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
'Wear clean underwear in case you're hit by a bus'
Cheers mum.
If I got hit by a bus I'd probably sh1t myself anyway.
Oh, and I once got told off for finishing off the apples. The maternal rant ended :-
'They don't grow on trees!!!'
Thank God she lives 250 miles away now.

gbb

Legendary Member
Dont ask someone how much they earn :angry:

As a green 16 year old in my first job....first day...gulp...what do you talk about in this new world. :wacko:

'So...how much are you on an hour' i rather naively asked the guy they put me with.

:smile::angry::biggrin: 'Thats my business' :angry::angry: was the instant retort

:thumbsup::sad::wacko:...oh....i wont be doing that again then

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
TheDoctor said:
'Wear clean underwear in case you're hit by a bus'
Cheers mum.
If I got hit by a bus I'd probably sh1t myself anyway.
Oh, and I once got told off for finishing off the apples. The maternal rant ended :-
'They don't grow on trees!!!'
Thank God she lives 250 miles away now.

:angry: That reminds me... upon getting to the top of the climbing frame .... don't come running to me if you break your leg

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
gbb said:
Dont ask someone how much they earn :thumbsup:

As a green 16 year old in my first job....first day...gulp...what do you talk about in this new world. :sad:

'So...how much are you on an hour' i rather naively asked the guy they put me with.

:angry::angry::wacko: 'Thats my business' :wacko::angry: was the instant retort

:smile::sad::sad:...oh....i wont be doing that again then

Yeah, big mistake :angry: I was given a big lump of smoked salmon with the words " get that ready for our dinner lad " ( it was dinner at midday in those days ) so I fried it!!!:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
bobg said:
Stop doing that or it'll drop off :sad: or was that just me.....

I say that to my youngest now. That and 'take your finger out of your nose or your head will cave in' seem to be popular.

ChrisKH

Guru
I recall being introduced to someone in my first job and shook their hand but remained sitting down (I was at a computer terminal at the time). My then boss came back and said 'next time I introduce someone to you stand up and show them some respect'. He was right and I do.

Top Bottom