Let’s See Your Christmas Decorations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Drago

Legendary Member
Personally I don’t think Christmas decorations should appear until Christmas Eve but Mrs JtB has other ideas and is in the process of getting them out.
I agree with your good self. There are 12 days of Christmas, none of which are in October or even November. Indeed, not a single one of them falls prior to Christmas day itself. Mine grudgingly go up on Christmas eve and come down on Twelfnight.

Not even a tree this year. Christmas tree + boisterous labrador puppy = carnage just waiting to happen.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Tree came out of the loft yesterday and I "zhuzzed" it up to get it looking nice and it'll get decorated on Wednesday and will stay up until 12th night

I'm glad I'm not one of those miserable, cantankerous bah humbug old gits. Friends, family...all welcome at the Nickyboy household in the run up to Xmas and beyond. The more the merrier

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
The tree, etc came out of the loft last Friday. Probably Wednesday for putting it up. The outdoor lights went up last Friday. The intention was they be switched on on the 1st, but after an emotionally draining weekend involving my Mum, we decided to switch them on last night when we arrived back home. As it transpires, some tweaking is required, but I CBA last night.
At a friend's house, the tree went up on Christmas Eve and was taken down again on Boxing Day. Although I am not sure how much of that was his recently deceased wife's demand.

Edited to add; the decorative lights were switched on at Dunham Massey I think it was a week last Friday and we are looking forward to going again with our grand daughter next week.

Last edited:
I agree with your good self. There are 12 days of Christmas, none of which are in October or even November. Indeed, not a single one of them falls prior to Christmas day itself. Mine grudgingly go up on Christmas eve and come down on Twelfnight.

Not even a tree this year. Christmas tree + boisterous labrador puppy = carnage just waiting to happen.

A previous cat of mine was a tree-wrecker... :whistle: I used to come down in the morning to a trail of baubles and chewed branches.

Which is why I now have a diddy little 2-ft fake tree that sits on an occasional table. The girls tend to ignore it once they've had the traditional curious sniff and an attempt at playing pokey-paw. :laugh:

Alternative choice this year is the pine tree I grew from seed. It's now big enough to use should I so wish, although I think putting a star on the top might be a bit... precarious...

My decs don't go up till mid-December and come down on 12th Night. Majority of the decoration is greenery cut from the garden, so it either gets burnt or stuffed in the green wheelie bin.

Top Bottom