Lets have another holiday thread to brighten us up.....where will you (hopefully) be going ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Foreign holidays are not looking promising at the moment. SAGE appear to have put the dampers on it with the recent European spike.

How will travel agents and resorts cope with 2 years of no business?

4 days in Brittany to see the TDF.
That's supposing we're not in full lock down here in France.
If the tour is delayed or cancelled we'll still go.
I love where we live but miss seeing somewhere different.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We still have a voucher for a villa booked in Greece for last September, and a ticket on Eurostar to Avignon booked for last August. Given the recent developments in Europe and more information about how holidaymakers importing the pandemic last summer, I have a sneaking suspicion that we are not going to be going abroad anywhere this year.

contadino

Veteran
Booked a cottage in Pembrokeshire for a week at the end of May, then immediately got into researching a cycle carrier for the roof rack.

We're probably going to look for something for a week in November or December too, maybe Northumberland.

Most places now seem to have decent covid cancellation policies - so if restrictions prevent you going, you get a refund or can rebook. That seems to be an advantage of staycations over package holidays.

vickster

Legendary Member
Planning to do something in September in the U.K., will probably book last minute, prices high currently

shnjmsn

Über Member
Booked a remote cottage for a week in mid Wales for 1st May............... me and 2 bikes ^_^ In theory....... possibly........ it could actually happen this time........ Cancelled twice last year ! :blush:

aferris2

Guru
Qantas are saying there could be flights to Australia from the end of October. Vaccine certificate probably going to be a requirement, then there is likely to be 2 weeks quarantine on entry in Aus. Another 6 month+ holiday is tempting. Not going to book anything yet though!

gbb

Legendary Member
Foreign holidays are not looking promising at the moment. SAGE appear to have put the dampers on it with the recent European spike.

How will travel agents and resorts cope with 2 years of no business?
I was watching a YouTube channel from an expat who regularly looks at Spqnish newspapers and Benidorm for instance is on its knees. I like Benidorm, it has a bit if everything...I will probably go back but not this year I suspect.
Once holidays abroad restart, hopefully next year, we will probably start out simple, an apartment to avoid large hotels. And Turkey , revisit our cancelled 2020 booking....2 brand new suitcases have been forlornly sat on top of a spare wardrobe since late 2019.

Julia9054

Guru
Feeling a bit despondent about holiday at the moment. It’s my Mum’s 80th birthday next month. I wanted to plan a trip with her later in the year. She loves gardens so I thought. Trip to Castle Howard and a two night stay in a b&b or self catering nearby would be a nice idea. Very little available (I’m very flexible on dates except it needs to be a weekend) and what is available is extortionate. May have to think again.

Top Bottom