Let's hear it for Hammerite!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
It's a great product. Paints over anything- plastic, metal, rust, wood, whatever you like.

Sticks like shoot to a blanket.

Hardly runs or drips.

Tiny tins cover acres.

Finish is a bit rough? Doesn't matter, it's just hammerite innit.

Genius gear. Show us yer hammerite improvements.

Attachments

• 20240405_154534.jpg
    20240405_154534.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240405_154551.jpg
    20240405_154551.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 20

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh I do love a geranium or three !

Drago

Legendary Member
Hammerite it's God's wonder ungent. It's even mentioned in the bible, honour thy mother and thy father by painting thy Cortina's sills to cover up ye rusty bit.

The stuff of the old days was awesome, then the diet friendly low calorie EU pleasing version was crap, never seemed to dry. Fortunately the stuff has regained its old form and is a miracle of painting goodness.

MikeG

Guru
........ Fortunately the stuff has regained its old form and is a miracle of painting goodness.

When did this happen? I haven't bought any for a few years, (and now use Bedec Multi-Surface Paint for everything that I used to do with Hammerite.....and much more besides), so haven't kept up with recent changes toi Hammerite.

Drago

Legendary Member
When did this happen? I haven't bought any for a few years, (and now use Bedec Multi-Surface Paint for everything that I used to do with Hammerite.....and much more besides), so haven't kept up with recent changes toi Hammerite.

Mebbe 5 or 6 years ago. The Hammered stuff in particular actually comes out hammered again.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Back in the 90s I brush painted my VW T2 camper with green Hammerite, turned out great. Didn't like the original plain white paint job.

Top Bottom