Lets kick start this forum...post your rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am sure there will be another this year
Indeed, I have quite a few 100 + mile routes that need riding on fixed. Maybe we should start our own 100 mile fixed club, won't be too many members :smile:.
I'll look forward to that, my next 100 is on Saturday, The Cotswold Challenge Audax, but that will be on gears.
Unfortunately for me I have to spend tomorrow driving as I am supporting dr_pink who is racing the North Norfolk 100 mile TT. She still has the remnants of a head cold but we went out last night to test her new tt bike and she had a smile a mile wide after riding at 30 mph on the flat, so she is racing. 18 women entered including 9 triathletes and it's going to be hot, war of attrition.

D

Deleted member 1258

Indeed, I have quite a few 100 + mile routes that need riding on fixed. Maybe we should start our own 100 mile fixed club, won't be too many members :smile:.

Unfortunately for me I have to spend tomorrow driving as I am supporting dr_pink who is racing the North Norfolk 100 mile TT. She still has the remnants of a head cold but we went out last night to test her new tt bike and she had a smile a mile wide after riding at 30 mph on the flat, so she is racing. 18 women entered including 9 triathletes and it's going to be hot, war of attrition.

Good luck to dr_pink with Her TT, a fixed 100 club sounds good to me, I look forward to doing another one.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
An early 68 mile ride in the sun

Snape Maltings
image.jpg

My steed taking a rest at Thorpeness Mere
image.jpg

Last edited:

GGJ

Veteran
A few of mine over the past winter on the Genesis Skyline
Loch Eil with a snow covered Ben Nevis in the background
IMG_0220.jpg

Campsies
photo-3.jpg

Campsie Car Park
IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

Loch Laggan
photo.jpg

WHIB.png

Pollock Park
IMG_0079.jpg

Tag2.jpg

Eaglesham Moors
DSC00002.jpg

Bonnyton Moor
2.jpg

1.jpg

Glen Roy
IMG_0103.jpg

Strathaven Road, Eaglesham
IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

GGJ

Veteran
No pictures of the bike on the Glen Roy ride, I was so cold I couldn't heat up, so I never got off the bike, even climbing up through the glen to where the pictures were taken I was frozen beyond belief, then heading back down I was even colder as I never had to pedal going downhill. Just checked my Garmin data and it was -5 degrees in the glen

Here are a few more of the glen
IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

RedRider

Pulling through
Did the Great Escape 217km Audax yesterday on 47:18 free. London to West Wratting and back in a loop through Essex, Cambridgeshire and (I think) Suffolk (briefly), well-organised by Islington CC (many thanks), in gorgeous weather, in the company of a great group of riders.

Here's some fellow travellers rolling into the first control in Blackmore after 45 km.
first stop.jpg

My longest day-ride by some distance but felt good with fairly flat terrain and despite a sapping headwind on the way back. Accepted plaudits from multi-geared riders but contend it's just what you're used to.

My cycle computer says we rolled at a 26.5kph average.

OP
OP
kloeshuman

kloeshuman

This is great......lets see some more.....I love the look of fenders on a single speed for some reason, if I can on my Schwinn conversion I'm going to run at least a fender in the back. Problem being is I want to keep the rear generator and that needs tire contact. Not sure if I can make it work or not??

Greenhouse

This is my fixie project it's a Peugeot carbolite 103 should be up and running in a week or 2 , I haven't got much experience riding a fixie so was thinking of adding a brake and rigging it up to the old gear leaver , not to sure yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
kloeshuman

kloeshuman

Its all good, whatever works best for ya. I still have a schwinn varsity I am working on, going freewheel though

Dan87

Formerly fixieplugrider
my first bike in several years, riding it fixed too. charge plug. ^_^ no major rides yet as this would be a lonely ride on my own but used for commuting. as you can see I've customised a bit which Im pretty anal about. I can never keep anything original. both wheels are actually green though now with black petals too.

IMG_20140507_123214.jpg

10394768_658948214181557_8950124328065509450_n.jpg

Top Bottom