Lets see your Viking!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Here's mine, it's plain gauge 531. It was a lockdown project. Mavic hubs and brakes DRC rims an old Stronglight chainset. I like it, it's part of that once traditional activity of using odds and ends to build a very useful fixed.

20210408_143645.jpg

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Teamfixed that's everything you need for an ideal winter bike

Here are my 2 Vikings. The blue Severn Valley has a Harry Quinn connection and has VQ stamped into the bottom bracket next to the frame number. It has a Reynolds

IMGP1268.JPG

DSC_0327.JPG
531 double butted frame and forks, Campagnolo brakes , rear mech, cranks, BB, headset, hubs, Mavic rims and handlebars. It came with Weinmann brake levers which I have replaced with Campagnolo ones. It now stops.

Attachments

• DSC_0217.JPG
    DSC_0217.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 16

PHL67

Veteran
Nice :smile:. Seems to have the matching chainset and kit :smile:

Original parts apart from usual consumables

It's a bit quiet on here !

I bought a pair of Viking forks on the bay I'm hoping to fit them to a frame that a friend said that I could have . He is going to dig it out of his garage . He thinks it is an old Severn Valley from the 60's.

I have been given the Viking frame I was talking about . It is in a tatty condition but it does come with forks . I have been cleaning it up today . I have been doing some research today and have discovered that it is a later version of a Conquest . Post 1963 the Conquest came with Prugnat lugs instead of Nervex ones . I will post some pictures later .

Top Bottom