Lewisham/Greenwich cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyingfox

Guru
Location
SE London
You may not have looked at the Stolen Bike forum where I posted my stolen commuter bike - a Kona Dew Deluxe - on Monday.
Unfortnately the guy who was selling it on Gumtree sold it yesterday before the police could act.
Therefore there is a good chance it may have been sold locally - so could you please look out for it on your commutes (you never know).
It has Raceface bars with Ergon grips and compact bar ends which make it quite distintive, and a sparkling new chainset.
I've attached a photo but unfortunately it is not terribly clear.

Avon & Kennet Canal Aug 2009 033.jpg
 
Flying Fox - do you want me to punt this up onto the Lewisham and Greenwich yahoo groups?

Am so sorry to hear about this.
 
can the police not even go and question the seller?

how frustrating, really sorry to hear this, I shall keep my eyes peeled but don't actually know what to do if I spot something that looks "like" your bike...Short of confronting anyone on that type of bike... could be a long ride into work.
 
OP
OP
Flyingfox

Flyingfox

Guru
Location
SE London
can the police not even go and question the seller?

how frustrating, really sorry to hear this, I shall keep my eyes peeled but don't actually know what to do if I spot something that looks "like" your bike...Short of confronting anyone on that type of bike... could be a long ride into work.

The police said I should contact them, so if you do see it and/or someone riding it perhaps you could PM me with 'where/when etc.' and I'll contact the police. They are going to get a warrant as they have a good idea where he lives and he has a few 'dodgy' items up for sale, so maybe he'll get done for something else if not my bike.
 

Jezston

Legendary Member
Location
London
The police said I should contact them, so if you do see it and/or someone riding it perhaps you could PM me with 'where/when etc.' and I'll contact the police. They are going to get a warrant as they have a good idea where he lives and he has a few 'dodgy' items up for sale, so maybe he'll get done for something else if not my bike.

At least he can tell them who he sold it to. Nothing for him to lose there.
 
OP
OP
Flyingfox

Flyingfox

Guru
Location
SE London
Thank's all, it has metallic bronze/gold paintwork, disc brakes, Raceface flat bars, Ergon grips with compact bar ends, 1/2 - 3/4 mudguards and a Zefal black bottle holder. Unfortunately I don't have a better picture. Jezston, I don't think he would be the type to take a name of who he sold it to!
 
Top Bottom