Lexus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Anyone got views on the Lexus brand ? Think it’s sideline of Toyota ? Should be reliable ? Test drove an RX450 yesterday with all the toys ! It was nice but if buying a petrol car I’d maybe want a bit better economy.

vickster

Legendary Member
Aren’t lots of them hybrids? Would that iMovie economy?
Yep, posh Toyotas, should be reliable but could be expensive to fix as any luxury car?

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
it’s big petrol engines in them, sport ones turbo charged . Salesman did say that as long as you bring it back to them every year for a service they grant another years warranty for everything bar brakes and tyres ? Seems quite a good deal if their case ?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Great cars. Expensive to own. Look at the ved for the one you want for a start. Other than that, Toyota reliability is second to none (anecdotally). I would have got one myself but no diesels anywhere around me at the time, in my price range

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Then buy a Toyota Yaris like mine. At least you won't get eco zealots letting your tyres down or trying to torch it. :smile:
If you want a real drug dealers car buy a Range Rover or better still a Escalade.

Need to fit more than two people n the car , Yaris is a puddle jumper ! However my idea of a car on my Mrs is on different tangents :-/

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Great cars. Expensive to own. Look at the ved for the one you want for a start. Other than that, Toyota reliability is second to none (anecdotally). I would have got one myself but no diesels anywhere around me at the time, in my price range

Don’t think they do diesels ? All petrol hybrids , I’d expect them to be spendy to own if needing fixed . The warranty is the timing that may swing it if I plump for one . However I’d need to read that small print .

Drago

Legendary Member
I had a GS300 waayyy back in the day. A credible, nicely finished, 5 series alternative at the time but thirstier. I'd have another Lexus without wny qualms.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You
Need to fit more than two people n the car , Yaris is a puddle jumper ! However my idea of a car on my Mrs is on different tangents :-/

You've never been in a Yaris ? Seat 4 adults comfortably, and the new ones are a bit bigger. The Corrola is a nice car.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
0_IM-ALAN-PARTRIDGE-NEW-SERIES (1).jpg

mustang1

Legendary Member
Lexus: eminently reliable, all are hybrid, comfortable. There some weird stuff going on where you're not allowed to fit Toyota parts it so you have to pay extra for lexis branded stuff but that's just the way prestige brands roll.

Except the CT200: yuk

Top Bottom