Lezyne power button question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berniethebike

IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_1529.JPG

Hi, My Lezyne Super Power XL lost the power button. Where the power button goes, I can see the circuit board. Please does anyone know what other parts are missing? I have a replacement power button but it doesn't reach the switch on the circuit board. Ideally I'd like to take it apart because I don't think the switch is working either but I can't find an exploded view or diagram. Can anyone help or advise please?

vickster

Legendary Member
I’d message Lezyne, they may offer advice or even a replacement at a favourable price. How long have you had it?

si_c

Guru
Lezyne are pretty good about the availability of replacement parts for their products. They provide full seal replacement kits for all their pumps for example.

In this case you may find that this one on ebay works, not 100% certain about it though, but probably worth a punt.

OP
OP
B

berniethebike

Lezyne are pretty good about the availability of replacement parts for their products. They provide full seal replacement kits for all their pumps for example.

In this case you may find that this one on ebay works, not 100% certain about it though, but probably worth a punt.
Thank you for your reply. I do have the replacement button and insert but think there is something else missing. I would just like to see an exploded view to find out really

OP
OP
B

berniethebike

I heard back from Lezyne, (brilliant quick response!). They said there is also a diode missing that can't be replaced but to contact the supplier in the UK. I don't think this is fix-able but thanks folks for your time and consideration.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
A new light is probably in order.

The green circuit board looks to have surface mount components on it, and replacing these would generally be beyond DIY at home with a soldering iron.
The switch is the larger square item labelled S1.

Sometimes the outside part of the switch is a flexible rubber cover, with a harder rubber cylinder nested inside that actually prods the switch on the circuit board. If the cylinder went walkabout with the original cover, you should be able to turn the light on and off by prodding the switch with (eg) the eraser end of a pencil. If that's the case, it's a matter of finding something that will fit in the new switch cover you've got and is long enough to reach the actual switch.

The (more likely) alternative is that the switch on the circuit board had an upper part (now missing) that connected the visible contacts when prodded. In that case, prodding what's visible with the back end of a pencil won't do anything.
You may find that shorting the centre & upper, or centre & lower, contacts with a paper clip will turn the light on/off, but I can't imagine that would be acceptable for long.

/*just guessing*/

OP
OP
B

berniethebike

A new light is probably in order.

The green circuit board looks to have surface mount components on it, and replacing these would generally be beyond DIY at home with a soldering iron.
The switch is the larger square item labelled S1.

Sometimes the outside part of the switch is a flexible rubber cover, with a harder rubber cylinder nested inside that actually prods the switch on the circuit board. If the cylinder went walkabout with the original cover, you should be able to turn the light on and off by prodding the switch with (eg) the eraser end of a pencil. If that's the case, it's a matter of finding something that will fit in the new switch cover you've got and is long enough to reach the actual switch.

The (more likely) alternative is that the switch on the circuit board had an upper part (now missing) that connected the visible contacts when prodded. In that case, prodding what's visible with the back end of a pencil won't do anything.
You may find that shorting the centre & upper, or centre & lower, contacts with a paper clip will turn the light on/off, but I can't imagine that would be acceptable for long.

/*just guessing*/
wow, thank you so much. I will try those before it's binned! I very much appreciate you taking the trouble Andrew

Top Bottom