LGV incident, driver apologised

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigelb

Using a cycle lane (which is separate from the road, but runs beside it) on the way home each day, I get to the exit from a small commercial park. Cars waiting to pull out of it onto the main road sit, blocking the cycle path. As a result of this, I am now on "waving terms" with one driver - the moment he sees me coming, he backs up so there's space for me to pass, and we exchange friendly waves :-)

Its built up over a number of weeks (not every evening obviously), but the start was the first time when he made me some room, and I smiled and thanked him.

But I do agree with the OP, us mere mortals do make mistakes occasionally, a simple apology costs us nothing and can completely change someone else's day.

Nige

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
snailracer said:
The thing is, every driver's insurance policy clearly insists that the driver must not admit fault (e.g. by saying sorry) even if he is clearly in the wrong in an incident. If the driver admits fault, he is breaching the terms of his policy and his insurance co. might reclaim costs from him. So, don't be too miffed if a driver doesn't say sorry.

Its not about the insurance. Its about something narrowly avoided and an apology. No one is going to lose their no claims over it. :biggrin:

snailracer

Über Member
downfader said:
Its not about the insurance. Its about something narrowly avoided and an apology. No one is going to lose their no claims over it. :evil:
In the few really close shaves I can remember, both I and the drivers have been dumbstruck with shock :blush:. I didn't even begin to try working out whose fault it was until about several minutes after leaving the scene. On one occasion, I even lost track of where I was supposed to be going.

Top Bottom