Lidl Spring cycling event..............18th Aprill....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rodderstrotter

Tempted to go for the chain cleaning kit at £3.99

I got the tool kit a wile back (4years ago at a guess) my lifeline chain whip snapped but the lidl one stayed good, the only thing touch wood which has failed in the Lidl kit (last week) was on of the chain tool teeth.
The tool kit is good for the money, although my chain breaker was made of soft cheese and failed the 1st time i used it.

All the other tools have been ok.

Thanks in advance, was about to ask re toolkit. I have odds and sods, cone spanners, spoke keys etc. Used to keep it all in a tin but it's been distributed between home and work.
Was going to pick tools up and then make sure they stayed put in one place. Wondered about quality but for £25 think you gets what you pays for.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I got the chain cleaning kit and the toolkit a few years ago. I've not used many of the tools but the ones I have have been of a decent quality. I've also added a few things into the case and that keeps them where I can find them.
The chain cleaning kit only gets used a few times a year, when my chain gets disgusting. I use Halfords citrus degreaser in it and get the chain clean before re-lubricating it with the Mickle method. The method then suffices until I change from Wet Lubricant to Dry. It does the job brilliantly and quick.
This time I'm going to look at the underwear and the backpack. Does anyone know if the backpack will take a 2L bladder or if the underwear is padded?

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Is the mens performance underwear only from size 38 inches to 48 inches?
I think it's something to do with German/Euro sizing and has nothing to do with waist measurement - I've seen it a few times in Lidl and a German lady did explain it to me once, but I forget. :rolleyes:

jarlrmai

Veteran
Yeah this deal looks a bit limp, most people already have the things they are selling I can see nothing I need, if they had a maintenance stand however :smile:.

Probably just get a few pairs of shorts from Aldi

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Yeah this deal looks a bit limp, most people already have the things they are selling I can see nothing I need, if they had a maintenance stand however .

I was in our local store last night and there were some bike stands out. Not sure if they were left over from the last cycling sale though

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I picked up my kit this morning:
2 x tyres (26 x 1.75) - although note that the tubes that come with these have Woods valves
2 x chain cleaners
2 x cycling tops
1 x pack of spoke reflectors

My store also had a decent looking rack for mounting to the seatpost.

GC

Top Bottom