Lidl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

I actually managed to get number 2 son to football training tonight, first time for a few weeks. As it is miles away from home but close to lidl I usually have a little wander round to see what I can find. Lo and behold there were some cycling shoes in there. Now I hadn't intended to buy any I use an old pair of tennis shoes at the moment, but as they were there I tried them on they fitted so bought a pair, £20. I don't have flash pedals so probably not much point really but of a spur of the moment thing, maybe I should have saved my pennies.

Anyone interested it was the Leatherhead store, ladies mainly size 6 and 6.5 left mens mainly size 8 and 10.

MajorMantra

Now you just need to spend £15-20 on some cheap SPDs and your clipless conversion will be complete. Did the same recently with some Shimano M540s and am very pleased, though the shoes are not terribly good quality.

Matthew

OP
OP
W

Willow

but I think I'll fall off - my saddle is very high, I don't feel that stable when I stop off the level I'm sure I'll topple over. I did think about clipless a while back but haven't actually got around to commuting more than twice a week, and some weeks not at all. Come September when DS1 is at senior school I'll be able to do it every day.

MajorMantra

Do you stay on the saddle when you stop? I normally stand (1 foot down, 1 clipped in) at lights, or sit on my top tube, so my high saddle isn't a problem.

Matthew

OP
OP
W

Willow

yep stay on saddle, perhaps I better practise not doing so and see how that goes. I have a mongoose hybrid, took it off track at the weekend, obviously not as good as a mountain bike (I so wish I kept my old giant for that purpose) and very surprised I didn't end up in the gooey mud I think having the feet free gives me a little more confidence in that situation too. Someone should invent a tyre which can transform itself at the flick of a switch then we would only need one bike for all purposes.

Top Bottom