Lidl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is anyone else loving Lidl at the moment. Lots of cheap fruit and veg but they're also doing a 3 litre box of red wine for £10 at the moment. Only £2.50 a bottle!

It tastes, 'okay'. It's certainly drinkable anyway.

Riverman said:
Is anyone else loving Lidl at the moment. Lots of cheap fruit and veg but they're also doing a 3 litre box of red wine for £10 at the moment. Only £2.50 a bottle!

Bought one last night - a bit sharp, a south african Cabernet mixed with a Pinotage.

Surprisingly (and if you can get past the snob value) Tescos are doing a 1 litre tetrapak Chilean cabernet from the central valley area (labeled as a 'value' brand) for £3.50 per 'bottle'.
Not as smooth as a cabernet like Isla Negra, but a lot easier to drink that the Lidl offering for only 50p more for the same quantity.

Riverman said:
I see. However most of the Lidl £3 bottles are excellent, especially the Cimarosa's.

You don't get a litre in a bottle though :rofl:

The tetrapak's don't taint the wine at all but you don't have the sealing system you get with a wine box so it is just as well they aren't too big, or I'd end up getting hammered to finish them off before they oxidise :biggrin:

Bandini

very-near said:
Surprisingly (and if you can get past the snob value) Tescos are doing a 1 litre tetrapak Chilean cabernet from the central valley area (labeled as a 'value' brand) for £3.50 per 'bottle'.

Oh, I can get past the snob value! I saw it, but presumed it would be dodgy - thanks for the heads up :rofl:

OP
OP
Riverman

Riverman

Guru
25p cucumbers are a must!

Riverman said:
Some of those Cimarosa's are very special though. Some taste almost like £10 wine.

Which ones are they. I don't go in there very often - last night was the 1st time in a couple of months.

Bandini said:
Oh, I can get past the snob value! I saw it, but presumed it would be dodgy - thanks for the heads up :rofl:

I saw the Central valley label and bought it before I got it home and realised it was branded with the value label. My missus likes the red, and is happy to drink it which must be a good sign - we must have bought in 4 or 5 of them since we discovered what it was like.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Seems a bit out of place in the Health and Fitness forum :-)

We had a bottlre of Australian Cabernet Sauvignon from Lidls the other day ,it was very good. We also like the Naan breads they do.

I bought two cycle jerseys and two pairs lycra cycle tights from them about 6 months ago. Used daily on my commute they are still doing the job. Tights keep legs surprisingly warm and the jersey really does wick away the sweat.No posing at the cafe value of course but fine for cycling in.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
our Polski Sklep does very drinkable Italian white at £2.50 every day of the week, every week of the year...sometimes Lidl is just catching up with the little guy on the High Street.

ASC1951

Guru
My local Somerfield is becoming a Lidl, which will definitely be an improvement. The range may be restricted, but the quality is good and combined with pedalling down to the market for fresh fish or the halal store for spices will keep me well fed.

Not to be confused with Netto. The one in Meanwood is a grubby dungeon with barred windows, where the family boxes of Kelloggs are blanks and Security have to bring a full one to the checkout.

Top Bottom