Life begins.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
hepburn

hepburn

Thanks for all the welcomes! I do love a forum ^_^

Just a little more about me - I've currently got a Ra1eigh mountain bike. I really didn't look into things much before I got it. Don't get me wrong, it has done me well but it isn't very light (I'm only 5'2" and 8 stone). I've just bought a Specialized Vita. I hope that's going to be OK. I think a drop handle road bike is a little beyond me at the mo. I tried out a few beforehand and this was the best I could afford. It feels very right IYSWIM? I also think up till now I've been riding the wrong sized bike :blush: I pick the new one up on Saturday and can't wait!

My daughter and I will be doing the Prudential Ride London on 3 August. Our bibs arrived today and she is really excited. I'm just wondering how far I can get her to ride. So far the most we've done together is 12 miles.

I'm sure I'll be on here lots to ask more questions (there seems to be so much to learn!)

Just sitting here watching today's Tour highlights - that descent looks pretty hairy :ohmy:

Ern1e

Über Member
Oh good, I'm only 30 then :laugh:
So in ten years time you will be forty again so therefore you will become twenty again my god do you realise just how much time we are going to have for cycling !!!! :cheers: Oh and hi hepburn.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Hi Hepburn

45 years young myself and recently got a Specialzed Dolce. First road bike for me after years of Hybrids and its brilliant, i feel like a big kid. Enjoy the Kent roads, ive found some great ones though mind out for some of those cycle clubs ( not all of them) as some think they are in the TDF and are the next Chris Froome but without his manners.:smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
:welcome: 40 is the new 20!
So is 50 the new 30? 'cos in that case I'm 29.

Welcome to the forums hepburn.

OP
OP
hepburn

hepburn

Hi Hepburn

45 years young myself and recently got a Specialzed Dolce. First road bike for me after years of Hybrids and its brilliant, i feel like a big kid. Enjoy the Kent roads, ive found some great ones though mind out for some of those cycle clubs ( not all of them) as some think they are in the TDF and are the next Chris Froome but without his manners.:smile:

Hi Hill Wimp - where in Kent are you? I'm in North Kent but have done a number of charity rides around Sevenoaks/Tonbridge areas - lots of pretty villages and plenty of oast houses!

Hill Wimp

I'm in west malling where I punish myself on the hills and have a whale of a time around the flatlands of yalding and marden. So if you see a Dolce flash past you with a 45 year old woman screaming manically ..... that will be me. I having more fun now that when I was growing up it just hurts more now . :-)

OP
OP
hepburn

hepburn

I'm in west malling where I punish myself on the hills and have a whale of a time around the flatlands of yalding and marden. So if you see a Dolce flash past you with a 45 year old woman screaming manically ..... that will be me. I having more fun now that when I was growing up it just hurts more now . :-)

Well I can identify with the pain! I work about 10 minutes drive from West Malling! I shall look out for you :hello:

Hill Wimp

White helmet, blue and grey bike usually trying to escape or get into kings hill before the TDF wannabes dressed in kit that needs a mortgage to buy. I found myself getting up at silly o'clock last week just to avoid them. I will be so worried to cycle past them in the winter for fear of splashing their immaculate kit. Do wave some encouragement it all helps.

Top Bottom