Liggettisms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

SOME OF THESE ARE FUNNY

Ooops, a red light -- but we're all going through anyway as you do in the Tour de France. The Peloton just keeps rolling on.

His legs will be screaming for him to stop!

He's dancing on his pedals in a most immodest way!

He climbs like an angel!

He's wearing the mask of pain.

He's crazy. He's always been crazy. And what on EARTH is he doing?

This is a pedigree group of men, they are holding on by the skin of their
shorts.

And who is that in the background? That looks like Stephen Roche! IT LOOKS LIKE STEPHEN ROCHE! [1]

His bike actually weighs less than 1 kg. It's a dream going up the hill, but he'll be blown away going down it.

We now watch the riders make their way up the mountain road, chosen by the road department as the least arduous path. I can tell you right now these riders would disagree with their choice.

Now if I were an Olympic cycling judge—which as it happens I am—I'd say that was all right.

That is twenty-one miles of pure purgatory.

He's really having to dig deeply into the suitcase of courage.

These are the great adventurers of the Tour de France, and the spirit of the race for all to see. Go out and see what you can do.

Paul [Sherwen], with this attack the chicken skin is about to fall.

These boys are descending like stones.

The yellow jersey makes you ride like two men.

He's riding like he has four legs.

The big man is in a 'spot of bother' on this climb.

On Lance Armstrong during a time trial: "LOOK, LOOK at that infernal cadence"

Alexander Vinokourov, the man who refuses to die

There's Jan Ullrich, turning over those massive gears!

mondobongo

Über Member
Knocks Duffield and Harmon into a cocked hat, why Eurosport don't sign him up we will never know.

ash68

+2 think his querky comments are part and parcel of the tour coverage on ITV. His enthusiasm for his job is obvious for all to see. Watching the tour without his commentary just wouldn't be the same!! Long may he reign.

Not having Eurosport, I'd rather they didn't sign him and then we'll have him for the ITV4 coverage of Le Tour and perhaps also ToB later this year !

He's great, cycling's equivalent of Murray Walker.

Of the coverage of the Track Worlds in Manchester, I got a bit bored with Hugh Porter telling us that so-and-so was 'on fire'.
OK intermittently, but not rider after rider, in race after race.

But any of them are better than Sean Kelly, who someone described as being 'like a zombie on Prozac'...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
"he needs to elbow his way through the pack, but has he got the legs to do it?"

the man's a genius.

Top Bottom