Light Engineering Gem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulmh

Being unable to find the exact spindle / axle I wanted for a 1950 girls' BSA Parabike (did try jumbles and thought I'd found one, but it didn't work) I went looking for an engineer to make one for me. Having found an absolute gem of an engineer in Maidstone (a trek for me, but worth it) I thought I'd share this contact with forum members. Alan Holley has a great workshop in a tardis, with lathes and pillar drills and all manner of metal-work devices. He took several hours longer than he'd estimated to make my spindle out of 25mm stainless steel rod, but what a brilliant job he did and at a reasonable price too. Members of the Veteran-Cycle Club may know of Alan already, but for those who don't, here are his contact details:
Holley Light Engineering contact alan,hle@blueyonder.co.uk or see www.holleylightengineering.co.uk

sidevalve

Über Member
Such contacts are always very usefull but remember there are lots of model engineers out there with lathes etc "in a shed" who are often happy to help. It often pays to seek them out.

Such contacts are always very usefull but remember there are lots of model engineers out there with lathes etc "in a shed" who are often happy to help. It often pays to seek them out.

Very true I have add jobs done in the past by friendly model engineers when all else failed. It may be handy to keep on the good side of your local ME club.

http://www.modelengineeringwebsite.com/Clubs.html

Globalti

Legendary Member
One day I will tell you the story about the titanium welder I found in a small engineering firm near Littleborough who tidied up the chainsuck-gashed RH chainstay on my Hei Hei.

Top Bottom