Lights in Holland?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, just wondering if anybody knows what the law in holland is concerning lights (just planning ahead for my charity ride in May)...I vaguely remember that in Germany you have to have lights fitted to the bike even during the day, just wondering if it's the same in Holland. There won't be any riding in the dark on the trip, and if I don't have to have lights fitted, I would rather leave them at home - one less thing to get broken or nicked...

Does anybody know what the law is by any chance?

xilios

Veteran
Never used the front light (or had it mounted) in Holland, Germany or anywhere else for that mater during the daytime. The back light always, for going through tunnels and bad weather. Don't wory about it.

bonj said:
naah, you're thinking of sweden;.

It's compulsory for cars, lorries, buses etc. to be fully lit up at all hours of the day, even in the middle of summer. Volvo, Saab and other cars have their lights automatically come on when turning the ignition.
Bikes, though, are only required to have lights on from dusk to early morning, (or at 14.30 here now in the afternoon).

bonj2

Dayvo said:
It's compulsory for cars, lorries, buses etc. to be fully lit up at all hours of the day, even in the middle of summer. Volvo, Saab and other cars have their lights automatically come on when turning the ignition.
Bikes, though, are only required to have lights on from dusk to early morning, (or at 14.30 here now in the afternoon).

so when you get up in the morning, have a bowl of swede, jump in the volvo, whack on a bit of abba, and head off to ikea, you've ALWAYS got your lights on. :blush:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:

How does dusk/14:30 relate to sunset?
(just in case I ever go to Sweden)

Top Bottom