Lights that plug in to the end of drop bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
seen them a few times on my commute.

They look ok, but nothing special.

david1701

its where I mount my headlights (torches) because they aren't in the way on the tops and I fairly rarely use the very back of the drops, not sure how they'd work as a tali light though :s

HovR

Über Member
I actually quite like the idea of these as supplementary lights, as they take regular batteries, whilst still being compact - Not some annoying watch-cell battery you have to order off the internet. Also, they give the added appearance of width during the night without taking up the tops of your bars, or having some sort of extension fitted to your bike for the lights to attach to.

The fact you can use them as indicators is pretty neat, although this probably wouldn't be very effective. By no means would these replace powerful dedicated front/rear lights though.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I quite like the idea of those, apart from the indicator idea.
I've been using these :-http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/111714.html for several years.
They aren't fantastically durable but, based on feedback from other cyclists, they are very effective.

If the Tacx come down in price, I might be tempted even if I'm not worried about forward illumination/visibility.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Previous versions of the idea have had the problem that to get the light to show properly to the rear, you've got to have the ends of the bars at the right angle, not the angle that you find comfortable. Otherwise they just end up aimed at the ground 5 yards behind your bike and are pretty dim as seen from a following car.
At least these look like angle has been considered, but the lack of choice remains.

I did use a drop bar pair of the ones Andrew Br linked to for a while, until the rain got to them.

Chrisz

Über Member
I've used the Trek ones before - convinced cars gave me a little more room as they make you look wider from the rear! Not got them on ths year as my winter bike has died - still using my best bike on winter wheels but can't stand the thought of bunging the flashing bar ends onto my Cinelli Ram bars!

Wades

Quite like the idea of something like these. Nice to look like a christmas tree just before christmas too!

Top Bottom