Lightweight, small adult XC bike for an 11 year old?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kindofblue1

I'm looking for a bike for my daughter (11y, 156cm, 36kg). We want to ride single track asking the river in front of our house and blue and red in the Pyrénées. I want to spend about 400-600€.
a) Light XC fully or HT from 2008-2013 (Cannondale Flash/Giant Anthem 1) - short stem + wide bars
b) Touring fully 2010-2015 (Giant Trance 4/Canyon Nerve 8) - short stem + wide bars
c) Modern trail HT 2017-2019 (Whyte 801/Vitus Sentier).

I'd love to hear your views.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Light weight and full suspension XC mountain bikes are mutually exclusive terms. If this is for leisure trips I think a hard tail might be better or even an older rigid model.

I recently bought this Scott Navajo for my twelve year old which he loves. Great for the tracks and trails around here.

Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

Last edited:

Acekid

i would definitely go for a hardtail at that price level, plenty of super small frame options out there.
My daughter is currently riding a retro Orange Clockwork that I built for her, super small 15" frame on 26" wheels, so plenty of growing room available
20190804-111232-resized.jpg

OP
OP
K

kindofblue1

Thank you for your replies. Islabikes and Frog bikes are hard to get hold of here. But there are small and lightweight hardtails. I'll continue looking...

Top Bottom