Like a child waiting for the postman on his birthday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..well the Carradice overlander panniers finally arrived today!!!! :laugh:

took a while...but they are fine...nice and erm...ORANGE :?:

With the klickfix hooks instead of the c system hooks they even fit my blackburn custom lowriders. I got the bar bag as well so i have a full matching set, reqar, front, barbag. I probably wont need the front bags on this summers trip but next year i will....Ok they are water resistant instead of 'proof', but they have a inner liner which is water proof and looking at the material I'd say they would fend off most rain except seriously heavy downpours or...consistant non stop all day all week kind of rain. A lot cheaper the higher end ortliebs as well. I was tempted by the carradice waterproof set at Spa cycles but to be honest they were too big, heavier and the wrong colour...I wanted high vis, and light grey is about as low vis as you can get imho....also spa were way to keen to sign me up for them without listening to what I actually wanted.

The saddle didn't arrive..out of stock it would seem! :smile: :tongue: !! anyway...after an polite phone call it will now arrive tomorrow am :biggrin:

So...all i have to do is load them up and start peddling :laugh:

Keith Oates

Janner
So what is the first destination or is just a local trial run to see how it all feels in one package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...well I'm going to do several loaded local rides just to get used to things and see how far I can hack it with all the gear...tent...sleepbag..mat...cookset etc...then I'm pointing the bike in "a general that way direction" and plan to peddle around suffolk and norfolk and some of essex on me todd in August. Assuming all goes well I will get more adventurous next year when hopefully I will have transformed into Bigtallskinnyfitbloke.

...I can fit all I need into the two rear bags and the barbag...but it's a squeeze....I am wondering if I should take the two front bags as well and spread the load even though each bag would probably be nowhere near full...or should I go for the weight saving option and remove th etwo front racks...hmm...decisions decisions.....I will decide when I reach the top of my first hill on the loaded bike tomorrow. :tongue:

I bought a pair of KArrimor waterproof panniers (Aquashield) in a sale.

However they did not sell well, and Karimor withdrew them.

As I had rear panniers and a BArdale, I decided to source the front oneds for a complete set.

One of the shops I phoned to check stocks (pre-internet) had them in stock, but a different coour. WHen I explained I wanted a matching set, the guy on the phone - in a very camp voice said:

"Well - You're a vain little thing aren't you!"

Couldn't finish the call for laughing.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...matching is important...can't be having any of these cycle fashion nightmares..just wouldn't do...no no...if I must be seen I will be seen in style I say!:tongue:

Top Bottom