Like a Fly12, but cheaper?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
I've got a Fly6 light/camera on the rear, which I really like. I've had a variety of cheapo gopro's on the front, but would like something similar to the Fly12, but its a bit pricey for me.

What I'd like is something that I can fit and forget - so the memory card looping, but with the sensors that stop the recording if it detects a crash. Not bothered about wifi connectivity, and it needs to be easy to transfer between different bikes.

Anyone know of anything? At around £150 or below?

postieparr

This is something I've been looking into recently and seems to be almost impossible to find just what I want.
Have a look at Rideye http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rideye-Black-Box-Cycling-Camera/dp/B00TSJKBTE
It gets mixed reviews but could be the thing you're looking for.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
+1, I have the fly 12 , ok camera but the light function is annoying and best turned off or set to dim, as when you're route takes you along a narrow lane, you have to stop to diddle with the camera and dim the lights only to find it doesn't respond or you've pushed the wrong button because you can't see what you're doing in the dark.. If all it did was record from the moment it was turned on until it was turned off again, it would be perfect.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I've got a Fly6 light/camera on the rear, which I really like. I've had a variety of cheapo gopro's on the front, but would like something similar to the Fly12, but its a bit pricey for me.

What I'd like is something that I can fit and forget - so the memory card looping, but with the sensors that stop the recording if it detects a crash. Not bothered about wifi connectivity, and it needs to be easy to transfer between different bikes.

Anyone know of anything? At around £150 or below?

What about getting one of the Aldi Fly6 copies this Thursday and taping over the LEDs? You'd just need to pack it at the back so it was pointing correctly. At £39.99 it could be worth a shot (assuming you don't need the front light function).

Jason

Save and buy a fly12, as I've found nothing that comes close as ease of use to the fly6. Currently using go pro hero 4 silver on the front,but it's not ideal.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
What about getting one of the Aldi Fly6 copies this Thursday and taping over the LEDs? You'd just need to pack it at the back so it was pointing correctly. At £39.99 it could be worth a shot (assuming you don't need the front light function).
Thanks for remembering me. Father Christmas actually bought me a Fly12 last Christmas!

I have bought one of the Aldi fly6 copies for my sons bike as it happens.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
...and how are you finding the Fly12? I'm also looking for something similar and also seeing if I can get something for a cheaper price...methinks not though :-(
I'm pleased with it. It's bright, easy to use and charge. I rarely download the footage, but it's good enough quality for me.

Top Bottom