Like the look of Planet X titanium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I wouldn't buy a cheap titanium frame with only a 2 year warranty, which applies to PlanetX frames. The Titus frames they sell have a lifetime warranty.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is this really a thing ? I've not checked mine in the last year or two ?

Yes. Yes it is. Go and check.
Very much YES... The titanium post in my aluminium CAAD5 (<--- the red bike in my avatar) is not going to shift again without major intervention! :sad:

Fortunately, it seized in the position that I wanted it in. I only discovered that it was stuck when I tried to experiment with my saddle height a few years later.

OP
OP
L

Liffy99

Über Member
I wouldn't buy a cheap titanium frame with only a 2 year warranty, which applies to PlanetX frames. The Titus frames they sell have a lifetime warranty.

Yes, disappointing. When I asked PX about the discrepancy between PX and Titus frames I was told the Titus ones had the 10 year cover as they were more expensive and ( the weird bit) the actual frame difference was solely down to extra engraving, but no difference in build quality ! Several hundred pounds for engraving ?

Hicky

Guru
Very much YES... The titanium post in my aluminium CAAD5 (<--- the red bike in my avatar) is not going to shift again without major intervention! :sad:

Fortunately, it seized in the position that I wanted it in. I only discovered that it was stuck when I tried to experiment with my saddle height a few years later.

Hmmm, I've not moved my stem in my van Nic for 8 yrs....luckily I don't need it to move and had a coating of lithium grease before it lest moved.. I'll put it on the to do list:wacko:

Hankj

Regular
Brand new here, just wanted to pop in with how nice PX ti frames are for how darn cheap they are. I've bought three in the past year, and next to my buddy's $3k Salsa Fargo ti frame literally there is no difference in quality or workmanship. I wouldn't be the least surprised if they came from the same tubes at the same factory.

Also, is anti-seize better than grease for keeping alu seatpost from permanent resident status? Thanks.

Top Bottom