lime green body

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've got an insect on my window ledge with a green body about an inch long with 6 red legs and 2 long antennae. If I wasn't a tough guy it would give me the heeby jeebies.
It looks like a mini locust.
Any one know what it might be?

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
A cricket?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sounds like a cricket, although the ones on my allotment are also brown. I'm sure they do come in green though.

I stopped to look at one properly on Saturday. Very carefully caught it and picked it up, and then, when I was inspecting it (purely out of curiosity), it leapt straight up, and landed in my hair.

Cue comic sight of Arch leaping about, frantically shaking head and combing hair with fingers...:biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Try rubbing your legs together to make a noise, and see if it jumps onto your lap, expecting a good rogering. :biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
If its body is roundish and a bit spiky on the edges, its a type of beetle (We call them leaf bugs 'cos they look like a, errrrr, miniature leaf).

If its body is long and extremely thin then its a piece of cotton.

buggi

Bird Saviour
crickets are brown. grasshoppers are green.

longers

Legendary Member
There used to be locusts in Pott Shrigley (cheshire) at the old brickworks. Apparently they came back in the packing cases from Africa (Nigeria or Egypt I think) and due to the warmth of the environs of the brickworks they thrived.

Italian for Shield bug is Cimicee (pronounced chimichee) - top fact! :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
green body, different coloured limbs...

novak.bmp

Top Bottom