Link affiliation - please read

Shaun

Founder
Hello,

I've been looking at ways to earn revenue for CycleChat don't involve pasting banners and ads all over the site.

One of the options I looked at was an automatic link affiliate system that allows CycleChat to earn commission on links posted at the site.

I have been trialling the system for a few weeks and it seems to be working well. It doesn't slow the site down, doesn't interfere with the user experience, and earns a small amount that will be useful for maintaining the site.

It's a very simple system that works like this:- when you click a link at CycleChat the destination is checked against a list of merchants participating in the program. If there's a match, CC is tagged as the introducer and you are sent to the link destination as normal. If a sale results from the visit we earn a small commission. Non-participating links are simple passed on as normal.

There are no privacy issues as CC never knows how the commissions are generated. All we see is the commission earned each month.

Now, whilst the revenue is good for the maintenance and development of CC, I don't want to force participation on anyone so if you would prefer to opt-out just click here.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I hope it works for you Shaun because you deserve to start making some money towards the cost of running CycleChat. No, more than that - you deserve to make an income from it! I will not be opting out! :thumbsup:

I still very occasionally get a 'hiccup' when visiting external links from CycleChat and about once a fortnight I see a message saying the 3rd party service is overloaded.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
[QUOTE 1377755"]
Do you know which cycle stores are on the list?
[/quote]

They don't publish a list, but they do offer a tool where you can query a store web address and it will tell you if they are in the program.

I'll maybe run the main UK cycle shops through it one evening and see what comes back.

Cheers,

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I hope it works for you Shaun because you deserve to start making some money towards the cost of running CycleChat. No, more than that - you deserve to make an income from it! I will not be opting out! :thumbsup:

Thanks Colin. I appreciate the positive feedback and support.

CC is a constant source of pleasure for me and I'm glad so many others enjoy using it too. It'll be great to cover the running costs, and if things grow over the coming years perhaps turn it into a proper venture.

I have one more revenue item I plan to introduce in the coming weeks, and that's an Advertiser's forum - but I'll post more about that nearer the time.

Cheers,

thomas

the tank engine
Shaun, the merchants that have buttons on the side of here: bike-shoes.co.uk run affiliate programmes within the UK. I find chain reaction cycles is the best, then Wiggle. They're both with affiliate window.

Hope that helps...and I think that it is a fantastic idea to make money without banners!

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
+1

mr Mag00

rising member
i only just found out about this from shauns post about covering running costs. so how do i buy something from wiggle etc and enusre CC gets monies for it?

cheers a great idea i am all for it, i know behind the times but it is rural dorset after all, still without 1Mb internet.

Top Bottom