Little help plz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnboyturbo

Ok am looki g at buying a road racer and been looking around can you tell me the Benefits from a single gear /Crank racer to the normal geared racer like 16 gears and 20 gears

The benefits are having 16 or 20 gears, rather than just one - useful for terrain or speed changes. Not sure what a picture of a lake has to do with anything...

Cycleops

Legendary Member
People will tell you the benefits of single speed bike are simplicity and ease of maintenance, but you won't be able to get up any significant hills on one though. For that you need gears.

Nice pic, put it in "My pic of the day" on Photo Gallery.

OP
OP
johnboyturbo

johnboyturbo

People will tell you the benefits of single speed bike are simplicity and ease of maintenance, but you won't be able to get up any significant hills on one though. For that you need gears.

Nice pic, put it in "My pic of the day" on Photo Gallery.
Thank mate I see know.......

Well I will be getting a geared bike then pmsl

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
The picture is in your signature so it will come up every time you post if you don't change it.

As for geared vs single-speed. Geared bikes give you a wider range of gears (surprisingly enough) meaning you can change to a lower gear for climbing and a higher gear for descending. Single speed bikes (either fixed or free) are a lot simpler to maintain and easier to clean so make good commuters.

Top Bottom