Little Pleasures.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Jodee1kenobi, 31 Jul 2012.

1. Jodee1kenobi

Jodee1kenobi Well-Known Member

2. Oxo

Oxo Veteran

Going uphill I'm a bit like Wiggo, but that's only when he's trying to keep up with Chris Froome

Jodee1kenobi and User14044 like this.
  3. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

I can't help myself chasing other cyclists, it makes me really competitive for some reason.

Also another beneift to being in normal sportswear on a mtb, dont think many really think twice about being overtaken by skinny guy in lycra on a roadie :smile:

Jodee1kenobi likes this.
  4. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Overconfidentii Vulgaris Moderator

It's an enjoyable thing chasing someone down and I'm sure a lot of us do it from time to time. I recently got a buzz out of chasing down a group of roadies who were being very serious, slipstreaming and each taking a turn at the front.:evil: The one at the back lost contact with the group and I managed to pass him and was gaining with the rest but they turned off just before I caught them. Spoilsports.:whistle:

Jodee1kenobi likes this.
  5. ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

I hardly see any other cyclists, and when I do, I'm the one being overtaken (on my butterfly barred Dawes tourer, picnic and flask in the pannier, iPod playing on the speaker). But, and it's a big one, I can up the pace if needs be, and sit there on their tail all day.......... they usually turn off, or stop.

I am not a racer, but I can chug along fully loaded all day at 12-15mph.

Horses/courses and all that

Jodee1kenobi likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Jodee1kenobi

Jodee1kenobi Well-Known Member

I'm not normally ^_^ , just for some reason that day I thought I'd see if I could. :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice